ART: Assessment reporting tool
What is it?
- A purpose designed windows application to store assignment marks and feedback
- Produces assignment reports and emails them to students
- Produces Excel board reports from the same data
- Acts as a comment repository
- Legible feedback against assessment criterion
- Feedback report sent by e-mail, hence no collection in person
- Instant distribution
- More detailed feedback possible with formative impact
- Marking by student and criterion
- avoids confusion in large modules and spreadsheets
- Ample space to enter comments
- Comments re-usable over a module
- Error checking by criterion and (sub) totals
- Compatible with Excel
- can generate appropriate board report
- Initial version ready for user trials
- Will be used for the CG119 Assessment Semester 1 ’06/07
- Feedback sought from both staff and students
These shockwave videos give an overview of system functionality. They require sound and a reasonable network connection...
You may install the tool . This will require administrator rights to install, and you will also need Microsoft's .NET 2.0 framework installed ( a free download). This is preferred as the application will check for any changes when it starts.
You may also try a simple executable . This will work if you drag this onto the desktop of desktop anywhere. It will also work in the labs in Pandon Building. However, in neither case will you be allowed to send mail from there. Otherwise you may use this to do all your marking, and you may send mail later from a fully authorised machine
ART likes to save working files to a backup directory "u:\art". When it starts it will ask if this should be created first.